Just a sample of the many topics covered...
- Financial Management What do you need to know to effectively handle accounting
and bookkeeping at your practice? Learn about terminology, Standard Chart of Accounts,
what your accountant should be doing for you and your practice, industry financial
benchmarks, budgeting, reporting and much more.
- The Hiring Process Almost an entire day will be spent on this topic. How do you
find the best candidates, conduct effective interviews and handle performance
evaluations? Find out how to develop "10" employees and become an employer of
- Policies & Procedures Learn how to develop an Employee Handbook and other
critical policies in order to keep your practice running smoothly, safely and
- Performance Planning & Evaluations Standardize Employee Evaluations to foster
success for all involved. Discover how most Incentive Plans are problematic, and
identify new techniques that will make your system work.
- Law & Ethics Management Become familiar with basic law and ethical issues that
affect your practice. We live in a very litigious environment and an effective manger
must know their legal rights and those of their clients. We'll also show you how you
can keep current and up-to-date on these issues!
- Common HR Mistakes & How to Avoid Them Review the most frequent Human Resource
issues and what you can do to avoid and/or correct challenging situations. This
section of the course also covers wage and hour requirements, what is supposed to
be in an employee file and who can see it, as well as how to stay up to date with
all the changes in human resource requirements.
- Technology "Wet Lab" Students will spend a half day rotating through four "wet
lab" stations. Hands-on demonstrations of employee scheduling programs, client
satisfaction tracking programs, digital imaging, website development and computer
technology updates are a few of the many topics to be covered.
- Motivation & Delegation What factors must be present for you to effectively
motivate your team? Discover techniques that can build morale and motivate your
employees. Delegation is the key to success-are you a good delegator? Join us to
enhance your delegation skills!
- Implementing Internal Controls How much money is "lost" in your practice every
year because of poor internal controls? Learn to institute effective controls to
"plug the holes in your bucket" and how to prevent embezzlement from occurring.
- Inventory Control Various inventory control systems will be reviewed as well
as the basic concepts of inventory control such as shelf life, re-order point, and
re-order quantity. Effectively control inventory within your practice so that it
doesn't control you!
- Marketing Ascertain the difference between marketing and advertising, and
discover how to implement a "full service" approach to generate additional profit
centers for your practice. Effective marketing is critical to your future practice
- Credit & Collection We will examine preventive measures that reduce accounts
receivable and facilitate more successful collection efforts. Included are the
principles of credit and collection polices, client communications and legal
- How To Create a "10" Practice Vision is seeing what others can't see, it is
having the acute sense of the possible. We will wrap up the week with a discussion
of how to create a work environment that is completely satisfying and will not only
meet your clients' expectations, but exceed them. Learn why excellence is
**SIX MONTH FOLLOW-UP
As a student of the VMC School of Veterinary Practice Management, each attendee
will continue to be assisted by their instructors for a 6 month period following
graduation. This 6 month follow-up is essential to a student's success to ensure
the transition from in-class instruction to practical utilization. The students are
at liberty to contact their instructors at any time during the 6 month period in
order to gain assistance with the implementation of management projects within
*The VMC School is valid for 40 hours on Continuing Education,
which is also recognized by the VHMA in relation to the CVPM exam!
Dates, Tuition & Details