Financial Boot Camp
Attend our powerful two-day training seminar to boost the financial health of your practice.Register for this Seminar
Financial Boot Camp for the Veterinary Practice
Optimize Your Clinic's Financial Health
Attend our powerful two-day training seminar to boost the financial health of your practice. The VMC Financial Boot Camp will help you:
- Understand financial trends, key economic indicators, and benchmarking.
- Learn how to capture lost fees.
- Control inventory and staffing costs.
- Find ways, such as payment options, to make your services affordable.
- Use internal controls and create a budget to make your practice thrive.
VMC consultants understand the real-world situations faced by veterinary clinic owners, managers, doctors, and support staff. We present sessions that are fresh, engaging, and memorable. You'll come away with strategies you can implement immediately to increase your bottom line.
This boot camp has much to offer, whether you're a new or seasoned practice owner or manager. You'll learn how to:
- Determine when it is (and isn't) cost-effective to invest in an expensive but dazzling piece of equipment.
- Avoid making the mistakes that commonly cost veterinary clinics literally thousands of dollars every year.
- Analyze doctor production.
- Compensate your medical staff fairly.
- Streamline your inventory processes.
The VMC Financial Boot Camp has been reviewed and approved by the AAVSB/RACE program. Attendees earn 11 hours of continuing education (CE) credits.
Day 1 of Financial Boot Camp for the Veterinary Practice
- Financial Management: What to Look For & What to Do About It. Learn which key financial indicators you need to monitor and how to control them
- The Role of an Accountant & How to Use Financial Statements: What you should expect from your accountant and how to use financial statements to help your veterinary practice achieve further financial success
Day 2 of Financial Boot Camp for the Veterinary Practice
- Budgeting - Is It For You? You will receive a budgeting program designed specifically for the veterinary profession
- Controlling Your Inventory & Support Staff Costs: Understand the two expense areas you can control that will have the greatest impact on your veterinary practice's bottom line
- You Want to Buy a Large Piece of Equipment - Is it Cost Effective? Learn how to analyze whether or not it is cost effective to make large equipment purchases for your veterinary practice
- Internal Controls: Lost Income & How to Capture It: Financially, do you have a lot of "holes in your bucket"? The average practice loses $64,050 per year per full time DVM!
- Credit & Collection: Reduce Your Accounts Receivable: Effective policies and protocols that will help you reduce your Accounts Receivable and become more effective at collections
- Case Study - Let's Put Our Collective Knowledge to Work! An interactive group discussion using case studies to develop effective strategies for resolution
- Veterinary Industry Benchmarks - What They Are & How to Use Them: How does your veterinary practice compare to other practices in your area? Learn how you can use this information to better manage your practice
- Analyzing Doctor Production & Compensating Your Associate Doctors Using ProSal: Pay your veterinary associates in a manner that will motivate them to be more productive, while relieving their fear of production-based compensation
- How to Determine Your Client Fees Fairly & Accurately: A fee-setting formula that will help you determine client fees based on your costs of doing business in your veterinary practice
- Tuition Fee: The tuition fee is $685 per person. The fee includes all workbook materials, seminar instruction, 2 continental breakfasts, 2 lunches and refreshments during the 2-day event. Please note that tuition does not include lodging or parking expenses
- Registration Confirmation: All registrants will receive a confirmation and receipt within three business days of receipt of registration
- Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your registration up to 14 business days before the seminar. Your registration fee will be refunded, but there will be a $25.00 service charge. Cancellations 14 days or less before the event will forfeit your tuition. You are responsible for your own lodging reservations
- Workshop Locations and Lodging: A small number of rooms have been held on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call the hotel directly to make reservations and ask for the "VMC Group Rate." Please note rates and cut-off dates below
Continuing Education Credits (RACE APPROVAL):
This program was reviewed and approved by the AAVSB RACE program for 11 hours of continuing education. Please contact the AAVSB RACE program at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any comments/concerns regarding this program's validity or relevancy to the veterinary profession.
"Worthwhile; go with your clinic numbers; this boot camp wakes you up and alerts you to what you can & should be reviewing on a daily, weekly, quarterly etc. basis!"
- Catherine Foret, DVM/Owner
"Absolutely essential to the success of a practice in today's economy."
- Steve Ruffner, DVM/Owner
Reserve room by 10/29/18 using the link below to obtain the VMC Room Rate of $119.