Practice Management Tip: Finish StrongMonica Dixon PerryCVPM
Don't let the end of the year take you by surprise. Plan now for a strong finish and a head start on the approaching new year with these 4th quarter checklist recommendations.
- Schedule 3rd Quarter Profit and Loss Statement review meeting with your accountant.
- Start planning for holiday closings (determine if practice can afford to be closed outside of Thanksgiving and Christmas Days).
- Identify clients and businesses that refer that will receive Christmas cards and gifts.
- Create budgets for upcoming year.
- Attempt to implement any projects that have been put on the back burner.
- Complete any outstanding employee performance evaluations before year end.
- Make sure your PMS and accounting software has been properly backed up.
- Prepare for End of Year processing that should take place on 12/31.
- Prepare for end of year physical inventory count if practice does not participate in weekly or monthly cyclic counts.
- Make sure all continuing education requirements have been met for employees that are required to maintain CE credits.
- Review accomplishments and achievements practice has experienced this year and plan on sharing with practice. Identify areas of opportunity to improve patient and client care for upcoming year.
- Prepare for fee schedule review if fee increases take place in January
Get the best management tips from Monica during her Principles of Veterinary Practice Management seminar!