July 10, 2018
December 6, 2018
Practice Management End of Year ChecklistMonica Dixon PerryCVPM
Plan to end the year on a high note, having secured your management information, wrapped up projects, updated budgets and fees, and run important reports in preparation for 2019. Here is a quick checklist to help you work through those loose ends.
- Schedule third quarter Profit and Loss Statement review meeting with your accountant.
- Ask your accountant if there is any information that you should start gathering before year end, such as company vehicle year-end mileage information.
- Plan for holiday closings (determine if the practice can afford to be closed outside of Christmas and New Year’s Days).
- Identify clients and businesses who refer business to you and send Holiday cards and gifts.
- Create budgets for the upcoming year.
- Attempt to implement any projects that have been put on the back burner.
- Make sure your practice management software has been properly backed up and prepare for End of Year processing that should take place on 12/31.
- Prepare for end of year physical inventory count, if the practice does not participate in weekly or monthly cyclic counts.
- Review the accomplishments and achievements the practice has experienced this year and plan on sharing those with the team. Identify opportunities to improve patient and client care for the upcoming year.
- Prepare for a fee schedule review if fee increases take place in January.